Drips from/on fascia boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,I recently noticed several drips in different places along my fascia boards running down the boards from the top behind the guttering(dripping onto conservatory roof)...the drips are coming from the top of fascia board in several places along it, as a guide they start above the two overflow pipes (see pics)..I have checked the loft for leaks and removed the loft insulation...no wet or damp patches anywhere. ..we have had no rain for approx 20+hrs....they are constant and at the moment do not look like slowing down but I only noticed them about 2hrs ago....I have checked all the other pipework in the loft no leaks etc....could it be just a simple case of blocked guttering (can't get a ladder till tomorrow)...or could it be something I am totally missing ?sorry about pic quality but the drips are originating being the guttering at the very top.

Attachments

• 20170518_130324.jpg
    20170518_130324.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 651
  • 20170518_130427.jpg
    20170518_130427.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 450
  • 20170518_130404.jpg
    20170518_130404.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 415
Sponsored Links
It sounds like blocked guttering... you could check this without a ladder by squirting your hosepipe up on to the roof and watch whether water exits at the bottom of the downpipe.

After trying the above suggestion - and if you have a ladder then go up and photo where the roof tiles discharge into the gutter.

Just a faint possibility: In the loft did you check the level of the tanks? Did you run your hand under the overflow pipes?

Sponsored Links
Hi,yes...checked the tanks...and also along the underneaths of the overflow pipes...bone dry. ....there definately is no leak(I can see) in the loft as the problem is happening above any of the pipework in the loft....if I did not know better I would say the drips are coming from the actual roof ( but no pipes in roof )....so it's not from there.

Use the search button above for this forum and find "eave trays" - the eaves tray and the felt and the tile should overhang the gutter to discharge the roof water correctly.

See also similar posts below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back