Driver Updater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot believe that this has not been asked a million times, but the search facility shows nothing, since 2009. But the search facility is useless, as it is not intuitive.

Simple question: Is there such a thing as free of charge driver updater, that actually updates with no charge?

Would be brill if the answer is yes, but I am guessing I will be disappointed?

Failing that is there an easy way to do it manually?

Thanks for reading, anyway

Sponsored Links
Driver Booster11 has a fairly good free version or you can pay the full whack for a deeper search...
(free key is available - but i didn't tell you that.) :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Windows has driver updater for free and does it automatically. If the manufacturer decides to not update their drivers for proprietary hardware, then the best thing to do is throw away the carp. China stuff (no-brand/china-brand as opposed to made-in-china) tend to use standard/generic/old stuff that are well supported. They do that to remove the need to write drivers.

There are lots' of drivers sites on the internet. My personal view is that those are best places to catch viruses from. How other people view them doesn't bother me the slightest. Getting virus on the firmware level will be quite a bugger and antivirus won't work on them.

One way to deal with old stuff is run them on old OS. You can use a drive-caddy/external-drive to do that and have multiple OS' for difference purposes. Windows will terminate other OS' if it sees them. Keeping them physically separate is essential.

Last edited:
Back