drivers side electric window keeps opening?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a scenic megan, on the way home tonight the drivers side window opened by itself. i clicked the switch to close it but it came down again, this happend all the way home, the only thing i could do to stop it was to disconnect the window motor in the door, question is do i need a new motor or could there be another issue causing this?

Sponsored Links
also check out the wires in the door pillar these could break down in the sheathing.

Sponsored Links
Have you had a flat battery recently?

I've had similar problems (on a different make car) when I've drained the battery. Sometimes the auto stops working completely, but sometimes the auto works but not to the right position. I've wondered how to reset it, but it always seems to sort itself out on it's own....

Just an idea - Check the window is closing fully without over-loading the motor. Look closely at the glass channels and clean out. Spray furniture polish in the glass channels so the glass runs smoothly.

Why ? - There may be a safety system that detects there is an obstruction in the window and opens it. Try sticking a pen in the window and see if it does the same thing.

This is an automatic safety feature, it means your door is about to fall off.

The window opens so you may put your arm outside, on the door panel.
Funnily enough, doors tend to fall off more in hot weather.
I'm sure you have noticed this.............. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back