Driving without lights

Hi Fred
Sorry I bothered you! When I typed in my post it did ask me if it was already being discussed and gave me a list of similar threads non of which were the same, so I continued...
I drive old vehicles at the moment so I'm not familiar with the new normal pertaining to modern vehicle lights.
How did the OP know they didn't have lights on? Because he could see them without lights on. So if that is the case, why the need for lights?
They must have thought it was a safety feature or all the modern cars wouldn't be running around with there front lights on all the time! but they don't need rear lights when running at higher speeds in poor conditions, is that what you are trying to tell me?

Sponsored Links
They must have thought it was a safety feature or all the modern cars wouldn't be running around with there front lights on all the time! but they don't need rear lights when running at higher speeds in poor conditions, is that what you are trying to tell me?
DRLs are for the benefit of pedestrians so they can see them coming, mind you, if you can't see a car, you should go to Specsavers. They probably don't need rear lights as the car would have passed the pedestrian.

DRLs are for the benefit of pedestrians so they can see them coming, mind you, if you can't see a car, you should go to Specsavers. They probably don't need rear lights as the car would have passed the pedestrian.

On dark wet shiţty days winters days , all cars should have lights on for all and everyone to see.

In normal visibility, that might be trues, but in poor visibility, you can see the approach of a vehicle at a much greater distance, if they have dipped headlights on. The same is true of the rear of vehicles, poor visibility - put the fogs on.

Sponsored Links
In normal visibility, that might be trues, but in poor visibility, you can see the approach of a vehicle at a much greater distance, if they have dipped headlights on. The same is true of the rear of vehicles, poor visibility - put the fogs on.
That is part of the reason for DRL's. It stops people having to think about putting some lights on, they are on automatically.

Unfortunately it doesn't always illuminate the rear, and too many people think they have got lights on all round, when they haven't.

Stupid design in my book, just make DRL's work on front and rear.

I've always assumed that the DRL's on Mrs fillys car came on front and rear (a natural assumption). After reading this I checked them this morning and they do all come on. Never knew that some didn't.

DRLs are for the benefit of pedestrians so they can see them coming
Hmm.. well I do plenty of walking and I didn't know it was a benefit, personally I'd rather people put their lights on when driving in poor conditions.
I think we have got to the bottom of it now, its just a design flaw.

Back