Dropped kerb refused by highways? Help to appeal?

Is there room on your plot to install a turning space for a car? (or the turntable mentioned earlier - note, you need to have a circle available the length of the car not the width as earlier described)

Sponsored Links
@gregers

with a disability bay outside your door, their is a metal plate attached either to your wall/on a pole stating the disability badge number of who is allowed to park there.

only that badge is allowed to park there, but as with ignorant ppl of today, this is no guarantee of a parking space!!!

Juliex

think you will find it is a generic parking space for any one who has a blue badge,this must be displayed at all times.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engla...blue_badge_scheme_e/using_your_blue_badge.htm

Sponsored Links
At the risk of further criticism by a fellow forum member, I repeat that you could do worse than have a word with your MP. Tell him/her that the council officials have yet to provide you with any concrete reasons why you may not have a dropped kerb.

Whilst council bureaucrats feel no need to negotiate with ordinary people, they tend to have more time for people of some authority!

At the risk of further criticism by a fellow forum member, I repeat that you could do worse than have a word with your MP. Tell him/her that the council officials have yet to provide you with any concrete reasons why you may not have a dropped kerb.

Whilst council bureaucrats feel no need to negotiate with ordinary people, they tend to have more time for people of some authority!

Thank you for your input. I think you are correct. We are will be writing a letter to somebody who we feel may have some swing in the matter. I certainly feel an (outsider ) looking in will see our points.

gregers,

OT, but why do you think that?

I'm not sure if personalised parking bays for disabled people are a statutory obligation, but certainly local authorities here in London have them. In consequence, I think the CAB's advice is incomplete!

Here's one example:

http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgnl...ng/personalised_parking_bays_for.aspx[/QUOTE]

blimey never knew that,when we applied for a bay outside our home we were told that even if it is installed anyone with a badge can use it,
so i assume its something to do with certain citys??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back