Dual Flush Toilet Overfilling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies in advance for the lack of proper terminology.

I have two toilets (one upstairs, one downstairs), both use the same inlet valve (?) - white with a blue cap that pops off and the threaded arm that adjusts the cut off point is also blue (sorry, forget the brand name).

The toilet downstairs works exactly as it's supposed to. The one upstairs appears to work but water continues to come into the cistern very slowly after it reaches the set height leading to it overfilling and water running down into the toilet pan.

I initially thought the inlet valve was faulty and so replaced it. The new one did exactly the same thing. :rolleyes: I have tried everything i can think of to make it work but it absolutely refuses to play ball. (Played with the position of the valve in the cistern in case the cablelink from the button was messing with the arm somehow, had the arm right down to put as much pressure on the shutoff valve as possible, messed with the flow into the toilet - fast or slow seems to make no odds) The only thing i have left to do is swap the upstairs and downstairs valves but given that it's a fairly long and irritating process I thought i'd check here first.

Any suggestions / advice gratefully received.

Jason.

Sponsored Links
they are the cheapest of the cheap valve.
you do get the odd one that is a pain.
but useally on abit of muck or limescale.
try removing the diaphragm and refitting may not be sitting right.

Many thanks, will give it a go - can you recommend a better quality valve if I can't get this one working?

Cheers,

Jason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back