Dulux Realife Family Rooms paint - ok for kitchen/bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - We're looking to paint the downstairs rooms (receptions, kitchen/diner, shower room) and hall/landing in the same colour. (Don't worry, we'll be using 'accents' ;) ) The colour we like at the mo is Natural Calico by Dulux.

Are the Dulux Realife Family Rooms range of paints suitable for kitchen/bathrooms, or do I have to try to match the colour with an acrylic paint or kitchen/bathroom one? Are there any other paints suitable for use in all rooms?

Many thanks
:)

Sponsored Links
Real will be fine.....better still go into a dulux trade centre and ask for diamond matt, its the same thing only slightly better quality....dont believe the sales hype....kitchen and bathroom paint is not the only thing you can put in kitchens and bathrooms.

Real life is ok.....it does have a slight sheen, more than a normal matt finsh though

Hmmm I did'nt like that realife, it's the retail equivelent of diamond matt.
But a job I did, customer bought realife(they wanted to sort colours themselves) and I found when I cut in then filled wiv me roller the cut in sections had set (not dried) roller 'picked' up the cutting in and made a right gobby mess. even on a small wall. (unheated house). Find diamond matt ok but got same effect when I use leftover a few weeks later. Short shelflife :!:
Its not matt, has a definiate lustre :!: shows imperfections :!:
Some of the colours in that realife section. I.E willow green /yellows require extra coats to get a solid coverage. Look on dulux trade card for an '*' for an explanation . As zampa says,
Don't use kitchen/bathroom paint ti's crap. Get some dulux trade quick drying eggshell. Though If not too steamy normal Matt emulsion is ok.

Hmmm I did'nt like that realife, it's the retail equivelent of diamond matt.
But a job I did, customer bought realife(they wanted to sort colours themselves) and I found when I cut in then filled wiv me roller the cut in sections had set (not dried) roller 'picked' up the cutting in and made a right gobby mess. even on a small wall. (unheated house).

Glad I wasnt the only one then!...when I spoke to dulux about the problem all i got was..'we have never heard of that before'..(book of standard answers....page 3 section 5)

I agree with CC here....go for acrylic eggshell....its more or less the same product as kitch and bathroo paint...only without the gluey feel......or as CC says...ordinary matt

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your replies - they've been very helpful. I'll check that I can get the same colour (Natural Calico) in Diamond Matt - we'll need it for 'dry' rooms too.

Thanks again
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back