What colours hall, landing, living & dinning room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having my hall, landing, living & dinning room decorated, alls rooms were plastered and dried out now. I had already done upstairs and had all 3 bed room done in the same colour dulux natural calico.

I've never decorated a complete house so I was wondering what tends to look best, should I go for same colour through out the house so natural calico throughout or should I have a different colour for the hall and landing but have the living room and dinning room natural calico to go with the bedrooms or different colours for each ? I really don't have a clue apart from I know I want to go for natural / neutral colours. Any advice most appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
Mauve and lime-green

Or you could co for a blend of milky-tea, coffee and creamy whites, if you like that sort of thing. I don't like pale green, blue or mauves, even if they are near-white.

If you are doing hall, stairs and landing with the same colour carpet, then you will need to decorate the walls and woodwork to match. Any open-plan rooms will look better if they match as well.

The bathroom you can do in a neutral tone, but when you want a change, towels, mats and accessories in bright or strong colours will make it feel quite different, without the cost of retiling.

It is most usual to do ceilings, and woodwork including doors, in Brilliant White, though you can use an off-white like Almond White or 10B15 which is softer. You can do this on doors even if the frame, architrave and skirting are pure white.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back