Dunno what kinda system I've got?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never have I come across a heating system like this! Apparently it's a consistent BG installation.

I've got a Glow worm 38hxi with an expansion vessel connectted on to it with a pressure gauge. Does that mean it's a sealed system? But in the loft there's still the expansion tank which stores the water supply?

My problem is that I had to drain the system for some radiator work. But could'nt find the filling point to bring back the pressure to 1.5 bar. But hang on what filling loop there's the expansion tank in the loft. Should'nt that do the gravity feed. Not? Anyway I now have the F5 fault meaning overheat stat reading on the lit screen.

How do I re-pressurise my system? what type of system do I have?

Sponsored Links
doesn't have anything to do with tanks in loft
the crate (sorry boiler!) has its own filling contraption(politest way i can describe it) under the bottom of it for filling look underneath as yee should find it

Simples when 1 knows

the radiators will be on a sealed system

the tank willl feed your hot water cylinder

naar there's no filling loop underneath....

in the loft I have the 2 tanks. big one's the gravity fed cold water storage which also feed the hot cylinder. I also have the smaller one which fills the rads. coz when I drained the system the small tank was drained too.

I've never seen anything like it.

Sponsored Links
what about your hot water tank? Maybe its a thermal store like a gledhill systemate?

Called a system boiler fella.... Is there two pipes coming out of the top of the boiler? Have to vent the air out of all the rads, long process ;)

I also have the smaller one which fills the rads. coz when I drained the system the small tank was drained too.
Called a system boiler fella

you think so?

the h in hxi stands for heat only. The system boiler is the Sxi.
If the OP is describing his system accurately then the only sensible conclusion can be a Gledhill Systemate(or similar) in the airing cupboard.

My apologies didn't read the type properly just read the brief description I stand corrected...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back