Duraboard for conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just completed the building of new conservatory and now looking to install internal window cills.
After a lot of research I have decided on Duraboard, does anyone have any experience in using this material?
I have dwarf walls with cavity, do I fix with "no nails" ? Also whats it like to cut?
Any help or clever ideas would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I specified laminate window boards (not Duarboard but can’t remember the make) throughout when fitting double glazing & also for a new conservatory. Excellent stuff 6 years old now & looks as good as when it went in, much better than timber. For fixing I used grab adhesive (I’ve found B&Q to be as good as any I've tried & cheaper). My window fitter, however, used low modulus frame silicone; not sure about NMN! Your going to need a decent diamond tipped circular slide saw to make a decent job of cutting it especially corner mitres which will look a pigs ear if they don’t butt accurately. Make sure you cut into the laminate face or it’ll chip along the edge.

Thanks Richard, just googled laminate window boards and Dura Board came up so I think were thinking on similar lines!
Yes I can imagine it could be a bit of a pig to cut, we shall see?
On a diffrent subject what sort of blinds did you go for and did you fit them yourself?
I have found internet prices to be a lot friendlier (cheaper) than high street suppliers but just thinking about fitting.
Looking at verticals.
Thanks again!

Sponsored Links
It's fairly easy to cut as long as you have the right saw; as I said a carbide tipped circular slide saw is a must really if you have any mitres to cut. The resin in the particle board will also knock a conventional carbon steel blade out in next to no time & the laminate will then chip like hell.

We live in a rural location with a very large South facing garden which is not overlooked at all so we haven’t got anything except windows; got no nets up the house windows either. We have got some vertical blinds fitted to a couple of French doors i the house & I prefer those.

Internet is always going to be cheaper as long as you know what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back