dvd/cd rom not copying pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Combo 52x 16c and am using XP. When I try to copy my picture files on to cd, the wizard always tells me there is no disc in.
It plays cds with pictures stored on them but when I 'copy to cd', they transfer ready to load but I get no further .I have tried different blank cds. Any clues ?

Sponsored Links
how many cds has it burnt previously, sounds like you MAY have literally worn it out

How old is the writer? They do wear out as Breezer has suggested. What software are you using to write the disks?

Its not new but has hardly been used so I can't think its worn out.
I think something has gone wrong with the settings. When i look at 'properties' its all about playing, nothing about copying.
It will show previous pictures downloaded in the past.
When i ask it to 'copy files to cd' it just blinks at me for a few seconds while the wizard says there is no disc in.
I am using XP and it all looks very easy.

Sponsored Links
Tricky one without seeing it. Are you changed the media you use?

Try downloading some freebie copying software. It might highlight a problem with Windows packet writing.

Check out this site.

As an add on, there is a microsoft article on this condition. It does appear in the link above, but is a little buried. I have posted it here to make it easier to get to.

Thanks for that Igorian. I am printing the two items you said. Will read and come back later. I think indigestion seems possible but will cope. :eek:

having read all 7 pages. I decided to try once more before looking in the registry. There was a record tab in properties with something about copying to drive c (not d!) and it copied immediately.
The computer had been switched off at the socket for a day.
I can't believe that had anything to do with the result. :confused:
I must have missed something somewhere but cannot think what I have done differently.
Thanks all the same.

Have you any other writing programmes on your PC ???? ther may be a conflict between the 2 programmes

I inherited this pc from my son who was then studying to be an architect. There is a lot of stuff on here that i never use and should get rid of but am not competent to know how to without causing problems . I will get him to do a clean up when he comes.

Sponsored Links
Back