Dvr help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cut long story short added my old cameras to new system all cameras work.however when i connect all old ones cam1 cam2 cam3 they al show but when I put cam 4 on cam 3 goes out .When cam4 is not used in top left corner it shows 960h on all three but when cam 4 is used cam 1. And cam2 say 960h but cam 3 and 4 say 720p is there anyway I can change cam 3 to a 960h if this makes any sense oh and it's a floureon dvr thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you dvr can only handle a certain level of video processing, you could try reducing the frame rates of all the cameras if you go down to 15 fps you won't really know any difference in the video but get longer recording time and will reduce the video processing.

I recently worked on a HD dvr that would only do 3 old analog cameras even though it was a 4 channel dvr. Just had to get a HD camera.

If I put old cams on channel 1-2-3 they are all on 960h it's only when I put new cam on channel 4 that it changes channel 3 and 4 to 720p so for example if I was to put new cam on channel 6 it would change channel 5 and 6 ? I can do this it's just when viewing on monitor have one black or 3 black when viewing 5-8 thanks

Sponsored Links
It definitely sounds like a limited video processing problem, my old nvr when the cameras are set to 4mp wont show the live image on the monitor just a blank screen but will record them at that resolution.
It may be just how you dvr is and nothing you can do about it, just have a mess around with the image and recording settings.

What is the make of the drv?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back