Earth Bonding under boiler

There is no requirement in the 17th to have to bond under a boiler, only at the point of entry of the building for the gas pipe.

Unless a customer wants to pay a spark seperately for electrical work we all know that most of us will install simple electrical jobs to keep costs down. I have asked Corgi, how far I need to go as the installer. I have already stated what they have told me. You do it your way, I`ll do it mine. It`s not hard to understand.

Sponsored Links
Would have done little good, you need a multifunction meter for that as you have to measure to 10 mOhms accurate. And technically speaking, impedance at 50Hz rather than resistance; not that that would make a lot of difference on thick, straight single-core cables or a jig.

Multifunction meter, yeah, will get one, they sell them at this great website I have found ``howgullibledoyuthinkiam.co.uk`` try it, it`s brill.

Try googling "multifunction tester" or "megger 1500"

"All round" ones have the following functions all in one machine:
Impedance 10mOhm - 1MOhm+
Voltage: generally 0 -500+
Continuity
Insulation resistance 500MOhm
RCD test sequence
Prospective Fault Current and/or Earth Fault Loop Impedance

Hence the name: Multifunktion tester/meter

If you haven't seen your spark use one, I doubt he is a very good at his job; a spark without a multifunktion tester is like a RGI without a u-gauge.

700 quid! you are having a laugh, manage with a cheapo multimeter mate, that`s all I need that and technical helpline.

700 quid! you are having a laugh, manage with a cheapo multimeter mate, that`s all I need that and technical helpline.
Would be most obliged if you could tell me where to get a cheapo multimeter that measures impedance down to 10 milliOhms; as I work in London, I have to carry the expensive kit into every job I go on the days that I have it with me, as I can't leave it in the motor. And at 90 quid per calibration, buying a new one once a year would be a lot cheaper too.

Sponsored Links
Would be most obliged if you could tell me where to get a cheapo multimeter that measures impedance down to 10 milliOhms; as I work in London, I have to carry the expensive kit into every job I go on the days that I have it with me, as I can't leave it in the motor. And at 90 quid per calibration, buying a new one once a year would be a lot cheaper too.

Wicke`s 20 quid a pop, never let me down. ;)

Wicke`s 20 quid a pop, never let me down. ;)

Won't exactly measure milliOhms accurately, will it?

Depends what your working on, what you working on?
I believe the thread was about bonding, for which you require an impedance reading of 10 milli Ohms accuracy, or in other words: 0.01 Ohm.

The above reminds me of something, going back to the subject of the thread, I seem to remember that no supplementary bonding is required if impedance between the various parts is below 50 mOhms.
Is that correct? I know it is fairly rare, but theoretically?

If I`m honest, I couldn`t care less, don`t get that involved in bonding, as I say, multimeter gets me through on most jobs, anything beyond me I`ll ask Techs.

Off to Bo Bo`s Nite all............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There is no requirement in the 17th to have to bond under a boiler, only at the point of entry of the building for the gas pipe.

That's a poorly written statement.

BS7671 reg 411.3.1.2 contradicts your 'only'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back