Earthing Kaldewei bath & taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a Kaldewei bath and am wondering where to earth it. There is a tiny lug underneath or two bigger "wings" at the head end which have plastic removable covers. Both seem to be painted slightly, so I'm not sure which to use.

Also, do I need to earth all 4 taps in the room? Or is it sufficient to bond the hot & cold pipes at one point? All taps have simple isolators, does the earthing need to be tap side of these in all cases?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fit an RCBO on the light circuit / only electrical circuit in bathroom and no bonding required per 17th

The lighting circuit is on the unprotected, non RCD side of the consumer unit.

So obviously I need to properly bond it all together, can anybody advise specifically about the bath and whether I need to bond all taps/both sides of isolators or just across the incoming pipes.

Sponsored Links
Bond all incomming metal service pipes and cpcs of circuits in the bathroom zones.

Don't bother about the bath because it cannot introduce a potential from outside of the location into the location... all it is able to do is float to the potential of the pipes serving it

Bond all incomming metal service pipes and cpcs of circuits in the bathroom zones.

Just bond them once? Or do I have to do it both sides of isolators? I'm assuming you don't need to, but if I'm going to do it then I might as well do it properly :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back