Earthing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a stupid question to most people on here but I want to fit a water tank heater timer and there is a sticker on it saying it must be earthed. there is a feed coming in with L,N and E wires and two going out to the two tanks, both with L,N and E wires.
I can connect up all the wires fine and have put the earth wires to the earth terminals in the box.
Do I need to do anything else or do I need to spur off an earth wire to something else or something (I am hoping that what I have done is enough - the earth wires just appear to be attached to the side of the plastic box (all three earth wires to the same terminal)

Any advice woudl be much appreciated. Am I already earthed or do I need to do something else?

Sponsored Links
Connecting it to the timer earth terminal will be adequate, however I don't know about connecting two tanks to the same timer. What rating timer, what rating immersion heaters and what rating is the circuit?

Thanks for the quick reply...

By two tanks I meant two elements in the same tank. the timer is specifically designed for this as a main element and a booster element.
There are separate terminals for each in the timer.

Thanks Again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back