earthing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, in my house i have the main income in my basement and theres a cable that runs from there to the fusebox in the house, its about 15meters away and theres a switch on its own in basement that turns the whole system off! My gas and water are not earthed but not far from the fuse box, can i just run a 10mm earth cable from fusebox to the gas and water are do i need to run it from the earth block at the income! And do i need a sparky to do it are is earthing fine todo your self?

Sponsored Links
theres a switch on its own in basement that turns the whole system off!
Wow!

;) Just curious - why the "!"? ;)

My gas and water are not earthed but not far from the fuse box, can i just run a 10mm earth cable from fusebox to the gas and water are do i need to run it from the earth block at the income!
//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:main-equipotential-bonding

And do i need a sparky to do it are is earthing fine todo your self?
Installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotential bonding, is not notifiable - see 1(e) in Schedule 2B.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back