Easier to put plasterboard than to plaster?

i would nt listen to the replies you have had so far it is better to wait for some good advice from stevethespread and micilin and roughcaster

so do i not give good advice then? being a plasterer and all.?

sincere apologies to you as i missed your advice
you with a few others are decent and do help whereas other here just like to abuse people
genuinly i apologise

Sponsored Links
As what i have found is ( being a plasterer ) people can skim, but cnt prepare walls properly. Its easier for someone to stick some boards up and skim them, rather than float the wall, glue it and skim it.

Thanks for the replies, but what is Floating the wall?

I talked to them again and they say they would remove all the loose plaster where necessary and stick the new boards to the block wall.
I know what you are saying about bringing others to quote but any others that are good are busy doing other jobs and these guys came from family connections (you know what I mean) and will 'go out of their way' not to keep me waiting.

They also say that doing it with plaster alone involves 'masses of plaster' and then when is it going to dry.

Sponsored Links
i would nt listen to the replies you have had so far it is better to wait for some good advice from stevethespread and micilin and roughcaster

so do i not give good advice then? being a plasterer and all.?

sincere apologies to you as i missed your advice
you with a few others are decent and do help whereas other here just like to abuse people
genuinly i apologise

Show us the abuse then.

...and roughcaster's post.

Different topic Joe,,, "Simply Plasering" was the one i think Ponyagent was referring too.

As what i have found is ( being a plasterer ) people can skim, but cnt prepare walls properly. Its easier for someone to stick some boards up and skim them, rather than float the wall, glue it and skim it.
Im not a plaster, but im sure theres a fair bit of this!

It is also true the boarding and skiming dries faster, if time is critical. However, that aside, i would always prefer it to be conventionally plastered.

Certainly if its boarded, ensure provision for airtightness is made, ie, continuous bead of adheasive around the edge of all boards and cutouts, not just dot and dabbed.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back