Easiest way to install a TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I'm just in the process of decorating and have removed a radiator. However now I've got a leak coming from where the copper pipe meets the valve for the rad.
I'll try giving it a quick tighten but if this doesn't work then I'll replace it with a TRV.
I don't really want to drain the entire system so can I use a freezer spray?
How long will it last and how reliable are they?
I don't fancy the idea of it starting to leak as I'm half way through the job!
Any help would be appreciated.
Chris

Sponsored Links
you could buy a pair of rubber bungs from the plumbing tools counter.

stuff one into the Vent pipe and one into the F&E pipe. Cautiously open the valve into a basin. the flow will slow and stop. With nothing going it at the top, nothing can come out of the bottom. you can then take the valve off. it is best to only open the system at one point at a time (so close the other end of the radiator)

If you have a sealed, pressurised system, do the same thing, but no bungs required.

edit: if the pipe comes through a wooden floor, it should have a bit of play to accomodate any difference in new valve size. if a concrete floor, try to have an exact fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back