Eco Hometec Combi Boiler Hot Water (scalding) problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping for a bit of direction on this one folks!

I have an Eco Hometec (MAN) condensing combi boiler at home. However I've noticed that when I run the hot water and then turn off the tap the boiler continues to fire for approx. 20-25 seconds and appears to dump the unwanted hot water into the central heating pipes (the CH pipe gets hot to the point where you can't touch it)
Then when you turn on the tap again the hot water comes out scalding hot.

Firstly, can anyone help me in terms of what may be going wrong and then secondly can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of parts for the boiler as I understand that the firm ceased trading (originally a Doncaster based firm as I understand)

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers Ben

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan, thanks for your quick reply. That may well be the way forward in the longer term but for now I've got no option but to work with it. Does the fault point to anything in particular? Thermistors and such like?
Cheers Ben

Sponsored Links
Could be a number of things. Although by the time we've priced repairs on these it has been cheaper to by a new boiler.

Last place had two of them fitted under their original brand name and it was £900 just for the spares we knew about. There was likely tertiary faults that may or may not have caused the obvious failures, but there were no figures available to test with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back