Economy Electricity in Bedfordshire

Dunton said:
JohnD - where did you get British Gas from? I have used the figures you suggested in Uswitch, EnergyHelpLine and SimplySwitch and they all suggest Npower's "Sign Online V.6" is best.

Just says night time rate for economy. I have never used economy electricity - what's the difference between 7 and 10 (or others)? do you just ask the supplier which one they supply?

I went to http://www.energyhelpline.com/energy/rg_home.aspx?aid=107 which gives you a cash rebate if you enter through the Moneyaver link I gave earlier (because it does not take sign-up commission)

I used a made-up postcode of LU6 5NA, selected Eastern Region, current supplier EDF, Quarterly billing, standard tariff, economy 7, 55% night usage, and a made-up Electricity monthly bill of £50.

And today, NPower is the cheapest. I don't know why I got BG last time.

Sort by: Price Service rating

Supplier / Tariff Payment Method Special Offers Expected Spend p.a Expected Savings Service Rating

npower - Sign On-Line 6 Monthly Direct Debit £525 £75 (12%)

ScottishPower - Online Monthly Direct Debit £559 £41 (7%)

ScottishPower - Online Capped Price until 30 April 2008 Monthly Direct Debit £559 £41 (7%)

ScottishPower - Online NSC Capped Price until 30 April 2008 Monthly Direct Debit £559 £41 (7%)

ScottishPower - Online (no standing charge) Monthly Direct Debit £559 £41 (7%)

Atlantic Electric & Gas - Internet Direct No Standing Charge Monthly Direct Debit £561 £39 (7%)

ScottishPower - H2O Monthly Direct Debit £570 £30 (5%)

ScottishPower - No Standing Charge Monthly Direct Debit £570 £30 (5%)

ScottishPower - NSC Capped Price until 30 April 2008 Monthly Direct Debit £570 £30 (5%)

ScottishPower - Standard Monthly Direct Debit £570 £30 (5%)

Prices include VAT at 5%. Last updated 18/3/2007Results 1 to 10 of 46

I see that MoneySavingExpert http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1103281560,22751, says

Switch_TrafficLightsRED_V5.jpg

so maybe its because prices are changing every day at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
just that i have a mate who has moved there, and i live on a new development up the road. Powergen was the initial fitter and supplier.

Watch out for the "no standing charge" trick. The standing charge is buried in a first block of kWh at a high rate. You'll always use the high rate block unless you're a miser.

For example - no standing charge tariff 15p/kWh for 1st 100 kWh in a month, then 8p/kWh.

That's the same as a standing charge of £21 a quarter plus 8p/kWh, if you use more than 100 kWh a month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back