Ecotec F.75.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the manual and know what it says- but has anyone actually had this fault occur yet, if so what was the problem? This happened a few minutes after firing the rads for the first time in months. Pressure OK, not the type of customer who could check anything else.
Can't get to the customer so he is at the mercy of a Vaillant warranty call out- and its Friday night! First Ecotec I've fitted that's had a problem.
Its an 831, just under a year old on all new powerflushed pipe work.

Sponsored Links
brentwoodheating said:
I have the manual and know what it says- but has anyone actually had this fault occur yet, if so what was the problem? This happened a few minutes after firing the rads for the first time in months. Pressure OK, not the type of customer who could check anything else.
Can't get to the customer so he is at the mercy of a Vaillant warranty call out- and its Friday night! First Ecotec I've fitted that's had a problem.
Its an 831, just under a year old on all new powerflushed pipe work.

sounds like it might just be bleeding the air out of the CH system. That fault means no pressure rise when the pump was activated. So probably just air in the system.

Air was my first thought in view of the first turn on of the ch- in the pump perhaps, but otherwise unless someone has shut the AAV and the bypass since I commissioned it air shouldn't be the problem.

brentwoodheating
not a lot you can say really til you see it tomorrow ,if your attending to it ,

Sponsored Links
For the sake of the same number of words you could have told us what it does say!

I will guess that its the purging air out of the heatins system.

In that case I would have expected that it will correct the situation over a few hours/days.

Tony

Wasn't meaning to be difficult Tony, just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this fault code on an Ecotec as I haven't and perhaps I could save the customer waiting for Vaillant if it was something really simple that he could try.
Anyway, it says
'No sudden change in pressure detected at pump operation:
Water pressure sensor defective
Pump defective
Appliance water pressure too low
Check adjustable bypass'.
Now I cant check the pump because I can't get there but that's where I'd look first. Just don't like the idea of something I've fitted being u/s and I'd have kicked myself for not posting as someone may have said, 'Yes, I had that and it was a simply such and such'.
I presume the water presure sensor is how the borad confirms the pump is running on the firing sequence, not the system pressure.

Nowhere has it been mentioned what the system pressure actually is. Perhaps it just needs topping up?

If the boiler can make that judgement then the pressure sensor must be analogue. A small restriction or dirt in the feed to the sensor will prevent that pressure surge being sensed. We all know how easily they get blocked on the Response.

Let us know the outcome!

Tony

Have been fitting a few of these recently and have a couple come up with the fault code. One was sticking pump the other was water pressure switch have been told by vaillant the pressure s/be at least 1.5bar

For those who were interested.
Vaillant sorted it under warranty today without a quibble. Apparently the pump had failed and the 'LW' switch was replaced. Pump to be sent away for testing allegedly. Hope this was a rogue and the Ecotec isn't going to be troublesome.

I hope that sorts it out for good!

Myself I am not that confident he has fully identified the problem!

Time will tell though!

It can be difficult with a short visit under the warrantee. I have got to go to one thats proving difficult. Two engineers have been already without finding the problem now I am No. 3. Regular locking out and not always able to reset! They have done all the usual already! I am not too bothered ( yet ) as I am trained to take a wider lateral view of all the possibilities.

Tony

This problem appears to have reared its head again on another Ecotec, a system this time. Had only been commissioned for a few weeks when the customer phoned me with F.75. I even didn't bother looking and referred him straight to Vaillant. They came out (promptly) and changed what I believe to be the same switch/sensor. Only got the result from the customer after they'd been back to change it for a second time. This time they told him they wouldn't change it under warranty again as he needed a powerflush- oh really? Have told the customer to get Vaillant and me there at the same time so I can witness the taking of a water sample- debris my *rse. When I get a minute I'll ring the area rep but whether I'll get a straight answer who knows?
Has anyone else had Ecotec problems like this- or is it just by luck?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back