Vaillant ecotec pro 24 f.62 and f.25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!!

I am currently experiencing a problem with my Vaillant ecotec pro 24 boiler. Last Friday night my boiler broke down. The fault code f.62 appeared which stands for according to the Vaillant manual "Gas valve shutoff delay" and the cause for it is "Gas valve leaking, electronics defective". The heating technician established that the printed circuit board needs to be replaced. So I replaced the circuit board. After changing and igniting the fault code f.25 appeared :cry: . F.25 stands for "Interruption in the compact thermal module cable harness" the cause is "Compact thermal module cable harness defective". I called Vaillant the suggested that the cable tree harness (Part no: 0020052332) needs to be replaced. So the harness was ordered and replaced. And now I am back to F.62 again!!! :cry: :confused: I am quite frustrated!! Whats wrong with my boiler and whats wrong with the weather!!!! It's freezing cold. Have you experienced a similar problem? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
What was the involvement of this "heating technician" ?

Why did he not complete the repair and take responsibility for diagnosis and repair?

Tony

I have asked an engineer to pay a visit today. He should be able to give an accurate diagnosis and get the problem fixed. I will keep you updated.

Sponsored Links
The thermal fuse was blown out. Unfortunately the thermal fuse is not sold as a single component. One has to replace the whole heat exchanger, which is quite painful. So for future references if someone is experiencing the fault code f.62 or f.25, then unplug the cable that is located on the top of the heat exchanger put a cable loop (a wire not longer than necessary that connect one outlet of the cable with the other) to simulate a fuse. Restart your boiler see if it is working. If your boiler is working than the thermal fuse has gone. Other possible issues could be due to the printed circuit board. Anyway call a qualified engineer! :)

The thermal fuse was blown out. Unfortunately the thermal fuse is not sold as a single component. One has to replace the whole heat exchanger, which is quite painful. So for future references if someone is experiencing the fault code f.62 or f.25, then unplug the cable that is located on the top of the heat exchanger put a cable loop (a wire not longer than necessary that connect one outlet of the cable with the other) to simulate a fuse. Restart your boiler see if it is working. If your boiler is working than the thermal fuse has gone. Other possible issues could be due to the printed circuit board. Anyway call a qualified engineer! :)

Absolute rubbish if you are having a similar fault please ignore this advise

Get a proper RGI boiler engineer in and stop playing with stuff neither of you know about!

Or is this a wind up post?

Hi I'm a rgi I have had same problem with the thermal fuse f25
After a lengthy chat with Vailliant tech I changed main heat exch(can't purchase the fuse separately)
And when I disconnected the rubber/copper pipes from the hydro block they were blocked with magnetite that's why it overheated but I only got the f25 code after replacing Pcb !
Now boiler has been flushed out it runs perfectly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back