Edge of paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have inherited a job and was wondering if you have any ideas.

The room originally had all 4 walls painted with a border stuck on top of the paint. When my friend decided to pull the border off quite a bit of the paint on the wall came with it. This has left an uneven ridge between the paint and the plaster. Now I want to paint all walls but obviously this line will show. Is there anyway I can get around this other than scrapping all the old paint off the walls???

Regards

PS I know I could probably sand the ridge, but have done this before and it always shows.

Sponsored Links
Almost impossible to hide just by filling and painting because to existing paint will have an orange peel finish and the paint you put over the rubbed down filler will appear flatter

Id fill it, rub it down, and then line the walls with 800 grade lining paper

Just as I suspected thanks. On another note is there any agreed method of getting paint off of a wall or do you simply have to paint over it?

Why would you want to be taking paint off a wall?..is it defective?

Sponsored Links
Well I know it sounds funny but the paint is coming off it big strips, almost like wallpaper, so was tempted to remove it all, although some areas are more stubborn.

i have exactly the same problem, we have what i think is vinyl silk paint on the kitchen walls, weve had some work done in the kitchen and the paint needs touching up round doorways etc where some paint has come off. when i pull it to try to take the edges off it comes off in strips, i have tried to paint over it but you can see the different shades....plaster and paint under the new coat i have put on...is there any way to solve this, please dont tell me i have to strip the lot off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back