Edges of pitched roofs

Main_22.jpg

Just has another thought, I'm wondering if it's possible to drill the hole in the mortar carefully and extend the bracket and slide it under the felt roof between the tile batten and hook it over the inner wall with screw/rawlplug(?)

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Just has another thought, I'm wondering if it's possible to drill the hole in the mortar carefully and extend the bracket and slide it under the felt roof between the tile batten and hook it over the inner wall with screw/rawlplug(?)

Sory I can't picture what you mean. Can you put it differently?

p2385819_l.jpg

You can get many type of thinner gauge or flexible restraint strap in a roll etc.

I was thinking of using nut and bolt or pop rivets (?) of the above picture to the bracket of the dry verge systems where it's on the batten in the picture. You'll need to put the bracket in the middle of the 2 batten and carefully drill the hole into the mortar without the hammer action on the bottom of the undercloak that hold the mortar and slide it in under the roofing felt and then bend the bracket into the L-shape and fix it to the inner wall of the loft. It might be easier to drill a few holes first then slide all the restraint brackets in temporary, nut/bolt it to the bracket of the dry verge systems, when you have done all of them then push the whole lot in one go. Not sure if it's good idea but would mean no more maintenance. You will also need to know the internal height of the dry verge systems if it will fit over your tiles etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back