Einhell 4300 SCMS. Any comments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone advise on possible purchase. Seems too good to be true. :confused:

Sponsored Links
skronk said:
Anyone advise on possible purchase. Seems too good to be true. :confused:
Seems a good deal. 430mm is a bit of overkill - there's gotta be some flex in the slides when fully extended.
I bought one of these a few weeks back http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101401&ts=46005&id=27291 and am very pleased with it. It does skirting and laminate fine - that's all I need it for. I specifically bought this one cause it's compact. I've screwed it to a sheet of mdf and it'll sit on a folding workbench just nicely.
I have an Einhell circular saw and that's a good tool. If you need the capacity to cut 430mm I'd be temped to say, go for it. I'd just recommend you think about the size of the tool, cause some of these saws are enormous.
Please let us know how you get on.

gcol,

i probably don't need the crosscut capacity of 430mm. i looked at the rexon from screwfix...looks a handsome machine. do you find it relatively accurate in relation to its cost?

Sponsored Links
Yeah it's spot on. What I would say though is, when you move the base round to change the angle (eg 45°) you have to lock it in place with a knob. Now the thing is that there's a small amount of play before you lock it in place so there's the possibility that when you lock it up it might not be exactly at 45°. What I have found that works is that if you move the base to the right (so all the play would be to the left.... if you follow) and lock it up then it's bang on. Once you know this, it's nothing to do really.
You might need to adjust the adjustment bolt that fine tunes the 45° angle when the saw tilts over, but once set that's it.
I did look at some more expensive saws like a Dewalt for around £300 although it looked well made, it didn't even have a laser - I thought that was pretty poor for a machine that cost twice what the Rexon did.
What might be useful is if you can get a saw that will tilt to both sides and have a dual laser so you can see where the blade will cut from either side - not vital, but it would be nice to have.
Overall I'm very pleased with the Rexon, it's got a good cut capacity and is compact, light and accurate.

Erm.... you may be able to get it to go a few degrees passed 45° but as a rule that's about it. Why would you want to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back