Elec hob/oven CCU Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for asking the same old question you guys have heard many a time but i've trawled through the posts and still cannot get the answer i need,
I have a elec hob plus elec single oven seperate
Hob 5.8 kw
Oven 2.5 kw

my question is i have a DP CCU switch with 13amp socket which is on the main cooker circuit , i have no problem with connecting the hob to the main cooker connection box what i have a problem with is, can i connect the oven which has a 13amp plug on to the 13amp socket on the CCU without overloading anything there is no labeling on my CU board with trips to say whether or what the rating is( our home is 2 years old) plz help guys

Sponsored Links
The total load of the appliances is 35-36A, but the accepted rules for cooker circuits assume that you won't have everything on at once. And even when you are using every ring and the oven at once, they aren't full on for 100% of the time. What was connected there before? Did you ever have problems?

Assuming that the cable is 6mm² you should be fine - guess you should check that out.

Moderator - what's happened to Rule 10?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back