Electramate 2000 12KW RIP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Need your help please. And apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have an ageing Electramate 2000 (12KW) which needs to be replaced before it lets me down totally. I've just had the Fischer man out who quoted 10K ball park. Bearing in mind I'm in a 2 bed apartment (roughly 20 years old) 6 rads and just the two of us living here, that struck me as a touch excessive.

I need your advice on what to consider, or who to contact please.

As always, all help gratefully received - appreciate that you give your time here for free.

Sponsored Links
Are you only changing the boiler ? say where in the country you are and someone might be able to recommend someone in your area

Sorry - just a boiler replacement, and I’m in Redditch, West Midlands.

Hi
Could I have your views on direct vs thermal store please? I’ve been quoted a couple of direct solutions (eg Heatrea Sadia Electromax), which looks like it heats the CH water as required (do I have that right?), which makes me think about running costs in the winter.
Does anyone have any views or experience please?

As always, all help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Don't even think about Fischer...they have a track record of dishonesty. A relative of mine came close to be scammed.
https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/fischer-future-heat-uk-ltd-A19-1033945.html

I'd consider having a simple standard unvented cylinder to do the hot water (check if you can comply with the safety valve discharge..needs to run to the outside or into an internal stack pipe) and electric radiators (running at low temperature ie. not crude electric elements). There will be the added cost of wiring.

Thanks for the tip re Fischer, and for the pointer on the discharge. I’ve been quoted an unvented cylinder, I’ll ask them about the safety valve.
Much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back