Electric Boiler Installation??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise me on a couple of things to do with an electric boiler.

Firstly, which are the best makes (reliability, parts availibility, etc.)

Secondly, when connecting to the heating system, are they able to run on say a Y plan system or is it somthing different.

Last, I assume that they are a (heat only boiler) and can be connected to any indirect cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Amptec

12kw seems to be the biggest they do. blooming expensive to run equates to about 50Amps

but you can treat it just like a 12kw put what ever you want on it

Thanks for quick reply, will look into those. So you can just treat the rest of the heating system as if you were connecting a gas boiler then?
Thanks. :D

Thanks for quick reply, will look into those. So you can just treat the rest of the heating system as if you were connecting a gas boiler then?
Thanks. :D
no you ont have to notify lbc
no gas regs
electric part P
no corgi

but dont blame me for the cost :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Have fitted only one a couple of years ago, customer sourced it himself and it ws an electric boiler combined with an unvented cylinder,was a fairly big thing. Will see if i can find any details on it, im sure it was either made or sold in Scotland.The guy i fitted it for has moved abroad now otherwise i would call him for details.

The Electric Heating Company is the one your looking for and if its run on economy 10 it is not too bad price wise but no flue, no gas just get a sparky in to check your supply is suitable and get him to wire it up.

OMG i believe i may have been the original Dr Drivel.
use of a thermal store on E7 will give you heat during the day :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back