Electric Car Drivel

A rare man in both deeds, and actions.
I'm not so sure that his was particularly unique in his era. He was, mind you, also a lay preacher, which might explain some of it!
But there are many companies that will sell at cost, and often below cost as a loss leader; and many that will sell at a loss to destroy the competition, so it's more than possible that it does happen.
Yes, but those are both situations in which, although they are selling some products, maybe for a limited time) for little or negative profit, they are doing it with the aim of actually ending up with a financial gain - so I'm not sure that counts!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
If you have an old car for sale - that you; or more importantly, the wife; really want out of the way - then you will sell it for whatever you can get.
The weekend must be approaching!

If I intended that meaning, I probably say that I would sell it for anything I can get.

I would take "...for whatever I can get" as having the same meaning as "for however much I can get" - for example by putting it into an auction.

Maybe we are arguing about the difference between "can" and "could" ?

Perhaps you might compare your Great-Grandfather to the likes of British Gas or British Telecom.
I suppose his approach was the same as how a 'co-op' (or the Co-op) is meant to work. Everyone, including the bosses, should get fixed, pre-determined, salaries, and any profit left after everyone, and all overheads, have been paid is then given back to the customers - effectively the same as my Great-Grandfather's price reductions.

Kind Regards, John

If I intended that meaning, I probably say that I would sell it for anything I can get.
That would be the same as "whatever".
The difference is between "for anything I can get" and "for anything I can get away with".

I would take "...for whatever I can get" as having the same meaning as "for however much I can get" - for example by putting it into an auction.
So would I. That's not what ís being discussed.

Maybe we are arguing about the difference between "can" and "could" ?
I don't think so.

I suppose his approach was the same as how a 'co-op' (or the Co-op) is meant to work. Everyone, including the bosses, should get fixed, pre-determined, salaries, and any profit left after everyone, and all overheads, have been paid is then given back to the customers - effectively the same as my Great-Grandfather's price reductions.
That is not what BG or BT do.

JohnW2 said:
So would I. That's not what ís being discussed.
I would have thought it was. "...for whatever I can get" (e.g. by putting it into an auction) is essentially the same as "... for as much as I can get" or ".... for the most I can get" - and that 'most' is really the ceiling of 'what I can get away with', isn't it?
That is not what BG or BT do.
Indeed not, and I didn't mean to suggest that they do!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I will refer to the Grenfel Tower fire, as a situation where harm has been done in the unmitigated attempt to reduce CO2 emissions in an unqestioning manner.
Really?

You actually, genuinely, believe (or truly think that the council actually and genuinely believed) that there would have been enough emissions from disgruntled rich people in the RBoK&C forced to look at concrete tower blocks to justify cladding them to mitigate climate change?

So BAS, you are a proponant of the global warming being man made proposition theory, except any good scientist will tell you that you can build a supposition, but you can't prove a fact until after all other possible theories have been disproved. The Romans grew grapes in England 2000 years ago, so the UK was obviously warmer, and not from industrialisation, and whilst man is obviously producing more CO2 than is good for us, and trees are being cut down at a far greater rate than can absorb that increase, there is no proof whatsoever that it is the CO2 that is causing the global warming problem. Many scientists are now starting to look at the movements in the jet stream to be the cause of moving the warmth from the equator to other parts of the planet, and I suspect in about 5 years, the current thinking of a very vociferous band of scientists will be get debunked. Global .warming actually go debunked a few years ago, and climate change became an accepted fact, then odly enough, climate change morphed into global warming again.
Oh FFS.

I am not going to even try to address even one of your spasms there, for there would be no point.

You are a total ****wit of the first order.

Anat Ben Nun said:
demolitions of Palestinian homes reached record levels in 2016, while unauthorized Israeli outposts with roads, water and electricity, “all built completely illegally — are being retroactively legalized.”

Why would the Palestinians need a permit from the Israelis in order to build on their own land?

It is utterly perverse that the Israelis are blind to the fact that they are oppressing a people - just like they were themselves oppressed.

You actually, genuinely, believe (or truly think that the council actually and genuinely believed) that there would have been enough emissions from disgruntled rich people in the RBoK&C forced to look at concrete tower blocks to justify cladding them to mitigate climate change?

Now what has rich people being forced to look at concrete tower blocks got to do with it. There may well have been aesthetic reasons for cladding the tower, but the initial reason was to cut down on global warming emmissions.

I am not going to even try to address even one of your spasms there, for there would be no point.

Billiant response, you could have simply said yes I am, or no I'm not. So I'll take it you are then.

Drivel, but not about electric cars

Threads always morph, just bring it back to the point.

It is utterly perverse that the Israelis are blind to the fact that they are oppressing a people - just like they were themselves oppressed.

Everyone works on the principle of "don't do as I do, do as I say". But the Isrealis unfortunately, are a law unto themselves, and they do like to bleat on about how they were oppressed. I wonder if they now feel they can do it to others, simply because of that.

I'm not sure about 100bhp for an hour = 75kw.

A model S 75D has about 5-600bhp and will do around 300 miles on a 75kw charge. It's probably not using anything like 100bhp though, but at the same weight as a large 4x4. I doubt it's less than 60bhp.

Now what has rich people being forced to look at concrete tower blocks got to do with it. There may well have been aesthetic reasons for cladding the tower, but the initial reason was to cut down on global warming emmissions.
No, the reason was entirely cosmetic.

Billiant response, you could have simply said yes I am, or no I'm not. So I'll take it you are then.
  1. Yes I am.
  2. You know SFA about climate science.
  3. Those who do know about it are almost or completely unanimous (depending on how the expert consensus is measured) about anthropogenic climate change and the greater the climate expertise the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming. The debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes
  4. The relative climate expertise and scientific prominence of the researchers unconvinced of ACC (Anthropogenic Climate Change) are substantially below that of the convinced researchers.

Given #3 & #4, someone who was a #2 would have to be a total ****wit to decide to ignore the experts and to side with other people who also don't know enough about it.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-advanced.htm

No, the reason was entirely cosmetic.

Actually, aesthetics were only part of the issue, if you'd read up on the situation, you'd have found it was due laws that Blair government introduced to commit us to almost unatainable reductions in CO2 levels by 2050.

And whilst you might try and impress us with big sounding words, I will politely let you beleive what you do without resorting to swearing at you, if you'll be polite enough to do the same.

In our lunchbreak at work today, we have solved all the issues of the electric car! Let me explain:

Recharging at home - It is suggested that we should be able to plug our electric cars into the lamp post to recharge them. Lets assume that the average home has 2 electric cars, each requiring an 11kW charger. Now the average streetlamp has a 6A feed - lets assume 1kW for ease of maths :)-). So, we recommend that all new houses be built with 22 streetlamps outside! This will provide ample power to recharge.

Now, a second problem is the need to replenish the battery while out & about. Well, this is easy! Wind turbines are green & a good source of free energy! So, lets fit a wind turbine to the top of each car! Then it can recharge as it drives along!

Thirdly, when the car is going down hill it is possible to recover energy using regenerative braking .... so lets make it the case that all new major roads must be built only going down hill! Now car can recharge its battery as it drives along! The energy could even be fed back to the grid when the car is parked up & so used to charge other cars!

Simples :)

I'm awaiting my invitation to join a Government Quango........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back