Electric Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm new on here!

Got some basic knowledge of DIY after a part time job in B&Q to fund uni!

Anyway.. here's a Q for you.

Got a house that needs serious updating. Currently has storage heaters. Looking for central heating to be installed. No gas supply to the village and had a quote for oil but not happy with the price. A friend mentioned that she has electric central heating but it was installed by the builders who built her house.

So, does anybody have any contact numbers or web site addresses of people who supply & install electric central heating? Specifically people who will cover the North Wales area!

Any replies will be GREATLY appreciated.

Google is proving to be a complete let down! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If you Google on electric boilers you should find plenty of stuff.

Why get rid of the storage heaters? If you're going to use off-peak electricity to heat the place storage heaters may be the most economic way to go. Modern ones might have better controls and looks than what you already have.

We are looking to rent the property and feel that central heating would be a better investment long term. The storage heaters that are in have been there since the 60's so they are well and truly past their sell-by date!

Are there companies that will come out and fit radiators and all the plumbing and the boiler too?

Are there companies that will come out and fit radiators and all the plumbing and the boiler too?
Probably the same companies as install other sorts of central heating. the only difference is that the boiler is electric.

I'd be wary of electric boilers. They can be very expensive to run if you aren't careful about the timings. Tenants might not want to stay for long after their first winter.

Sponsored Links
Fuel costs for electricity are easily twice what gas costs. It is expensive to run. No one with any sense will rent an electrically-heated home in winter.

For example, I see I pay 2.15p per kWh for my gas, and 7.948p or higher for my electricity.

There is a special tariff for electric heating - Economy 10.
Google Aztec electric boilers, have done a couple of them and they were great. I wouldn't recommend amptec.

We are looking to rent the property and feel that central heating would be a better investment long term. The storage heaters that are in have been there since the 60's so they are well and truly past their sell-by date!

what you need is a survey of the other properties in the village....if most have elec. storage , then replace old with new Why have wet rads and associated pipework /disruption when a sparks firm will renew and issue a cert. on all the electrics for safety/compliance .............Renting out , why complicate issues ...worry about the iminent market collapse instead ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back