electric ceramic hob built over fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am creating a mini kitchen and I wander if I am allowed to built a ceramic hob just above the built in fridge. Also, do I need special electrical installation for that or I can use normal sockets? Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Sponsored Links
I would think the only limitation on where you can instal the hob would be whether or not it protrudes below the work top, as far as the electrical supply is concerned then hobs usually draw more current than a ring main socket can handle & you would need an independant, suitably rated supply.It depends on the rating of your hob, which if you can post(preferably in the electrical section of the forum) you will be told whats needed. You will probably need to call in a spark though as it is not the easiest of jobs.

I would agree with jj4091. I would doubt if there would be room under the hob. Most fridges just sqeeze under a standard height worktop especially integrated appliances. It would be no fun to have a chunk cut out of your worktop only to find there is insufficient space below.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the thickness of work top.
My ceramic hob does not protrude below the worktop.
So if you want to do what you say then have a thick worktop.
Most ceramic hobs are slimline

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back