Electric cooker swap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok here goes, I have just moved house and the cooker in my new house was rubbish so decided to swap them over. I now have a few problems relating to this issue. Firstly the wires were the opposite way on in the different boxes ( i.e. the red and black wires). Also the wires aren't red and black on the cooker i'm trying to put in the new house so I placed them in the same positions (right hand wire in the first box has been put into the right hand place in the new box). The wires on my new cooker are blue brown and earth and I have matched the brown with the black and the blue with red. I think I may have got this the wrong way around can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
red and brown = live , blue and black = netuel ,yellow/green earth .hope this helps

wow this means my wires are the wrong way around. I actually turned it on yesterday and it seemed to work with the wires the wrong way around. Should my cooker work with the wires in the wrong way?

poss if the right side of box is live and netuel .without pics i cant tell :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back