Electric Hob - No control; Either On Full Or Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The electic hobs on the cooker here have, over the last few years, decided to go from being variablely adjustable to just either on or off. Its been a gradual process but each halogen ring has now succumb to an affliction which is making my life hell! :D .
The wife has to multi-task when cooking and now when she cooks I just get burnt offerings ( when I cook I can easily cope ;) ).
Now she wants a new cooker and this one is only 9 years old.
Can anybody help, when the belling engineer visited years ago he adjusted ( i think) a setting on the back of the switch which cured that early onset of that ring at the time.... does anybody know if this is for real and can be done?
.. Or do I have to replace the hob elements or/and the switches ( its a belling db90)
Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the simmerstats or switch packs on them have failed.

Some simmerstats and thermostats do have adjustments on them but that will only adjust them a small amount really.

Sounds like the simmerstats or switch packs on them have failed.

Some simmerstats and thermostats do have adjustments on them but that will only adjust them a small amount really.

Thanks, thats a help , can these be bought 'off the shelf'?

Sponsored Links
They tend to be particular to manufacturers but as long as you give all the info 'Make, Model, Serial Number and Product Number' a decent supplier should be able to match them up.

Awkward to diagnose the particular part from a distance but the symptoms sound more like failed stat than switchpack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back