Electric Ladder Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have converted part of my integral garage into a shower room. I want to heat the space. I am a long way from the central heating pipes. Someone suggested an electric towel radiator. I have priced these at Screwfix and the rad I like is £38. However, to have it thermostatically controlled element it’s a further £90!
Also, I don’t want the rad on all the time so I guess I need to wire a clock to control the on/off times.
Has anyone got any ideas? Is there other products on the market that will suit my needs (preferably cheaper)?
I would appreciate you help.
Just a thought, could I wire the rad into my central heating clock?

Sponsored Links
Most towel rads offer a feeble 150w-300w via an element.

This is not likely to do anything other than warm towels- it is not a suitable heat source for warmth.

I would suggest you consider underfloor heating or even a warm air curtain at height, taking care to comply with the electrical zone issues that bathrooms and wet rooms have (see Wiki for diagram).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back