electric meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These 'ere new fangled LCD display 'lectric meters (and ye olde fashioned dial meters for that matter) - which side of the meter are they powered from?

Sponsored Links
The suppliers side.

If you remove all load from the meter it will (should) stop running.

This will be easier to see on the older style spinning disc type meters.

I assume you mean which side does the lecky for the display come from? It will more than likely be the supply side, but can't say for sure - It would me milli amps (if that) though, so fairly negligable - the meters accuracy is probably further out than that.

All meters I fit are supplied from the left (LCD and DIAL).
Why do you ask?
New LCD type will prob display something similar to "RED" (Reverse Energy Detected) if wired wrong.

Sponsored Links
Roo said:
Why do you ask?
New LCD type will prob display something similar to "RED" (Reverse Energy Detected) if wired wrong.

I was referring to the power supply to the dials and LCD/LEDs. I know the power flow is L-R through the meter.

Crafty said:
Roo said:
Why do you ask?

I was referring to the power supply to the dials and LCD/LEDs. I know the power flow is L-R through the meter.

Good - read my post ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back