Electric Mira Shower Misbehaving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a MIRA electric shower. Its heating up alright, so no problem from that point of view.

The only thing I changed was 6 months ago, the cord connecting the heating unit to the shower head developed a slit causing a leak. Therefore, I bought a replacement from one of the DIY stores.

My problem for the past 3 weeks.

Normally, when I switch off the shower, it keeps running for 30 sec - 1 min and then stops altogether.

Now, what's happening, the water will simply not shut down.

The only way for me to make it stop (eventually after a couple of hours) is to turn the thermostat to maximum "hot" - i.e. the red zone on the knob.

I have been awfully busy with work and will need to get someone in the new year.

I have no experience of showers, but I suspect it might be some sort of "valve" problem with whatever shuts the water down. It can't be with the heating system since the water is heating up.

I would very much value people's opinion.

Is it worth getting someone to check it and then get the spare spart.

Or is it better just to change the whole shower. I like my bathroom as it is and I really don't want anyone to crack all my nice bathroom tiles!! Any views on that.

Sponsored Links
What type of Mira . sport, advance, M7, supreme, zest. we need to know!
The hose, did you replace with a like for like eg is the bore of the hose the same as the old one (the size of the inside of the hose). Miras can be very picky if they don't get the right amount of water down them.

Ps your my 100th post is this a mile stone or mill stone

Thanks for your reply,

I want to get some advice from the experts before asking someone to come over, unfortunately I've been swindled big time before.

Its a Mira Zest

No, I just got a replacement hose from Wickes. It seems to fit just fine and certainly gave me no problem for at least 3 months since replacing it, so I doubt its the problem.

I see I can get a Mira Zest direct from Mira-showers.co.uk for £116.91 all inclusive.

Cheers

If the Zest isn't shuting down you probably need to get a replacement pilot valve, phone mira and the will help you out. This happens now and again with the zest and the sport. I don't think that the valve can be stripped down as it's plastic and works on water pressures (equilibrium) to make it operate. It can be changed quite easily but need water and leccy off, just a screw driver to change, I seem to remember.

Number 101

Sponsored Links
Thanks cozzmic

Do you have the number for Mira?

Replacement pilot valve is that what I need to ask for? Any idea of the cost for this spare part?

How's the weather in Nairnshire :D

Cheers

Sorry I don't have the number to hand but google it and you'll get the web site.
The weather is a little cold over cast still a bit of frost but NOTHING to what down south has got. People seem to think if we're north of Edinburgh it's the artic circle, LOL

Come up again, wait until you've seen a proper sunset and the northern lights. If you come to the shire it's one of the driest places in Scotland.
Whats it like in Geordie land weather wise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back