Electric Shower earth cable - can I join...

Thanks GaryMo for your continued help.

Can I translate Circuit Protective Conductors to just mean 'the earth/cable connector in the fitting' (eg light)? If so, I now understand how to connect the light fitting.

So I have to connect the CPC of the shower to the pipes too. Can I do this from the double pole switch using a 10mm earth cable? This method eliminates the need to remove a bunch of tiles.

The CH feed/return will be burried into the wall, with plastic pipe connectintg to the metal radiator. It is my understanding that the radiator is therefore excluded from supp. bonding.

Do bondings have to be visible? Ref my previous comment about the installer hiding the the sink/bath one under the floor for me!

Andy

Sponsored Links
Yes, CPC is the bare earth cable in a flat grey t&e cable or green/yellow core of a flex (if terminated correctly!).
You can use the already installed 10mm2 earth to save decoration damage and again up to you where you connect to the shower circuit - shower or switch.
No need to bond radiator if feed and return pipes are plastic
Supplementary bonding connections should ideally be visible for inspection but if they're already in place and you've confirmed continuity then it'll be fine, just make a note on your EIC.

Sponsored Links
It's odd, but I see loads of showers of a certain generation (15th/early 16th Ed.) have a 10mm² earth going back to the MET.

As said, not needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back