Electric shower - options for increasing pressure?

I said that if the flow rate/pressure at the shower was due to poor plumbing there was a solution installing a pump just before his shower,some showers need 1bar of pressure for them to function,some need as little as 0.5bar,if you have 3bar coming into your property and only 0.5bar at the shower then there is a problem with the pipework isn`t there? Mr Plumber of 2010 :LOL: Bye.

Problem with the pipework??? do you recommend a full repipe? Read earlier in the thread mate. The poor electric shower performance is because ITS AN ELECTRIC SHOWER it is designed to slow the water to allow it time to heat up the water. Hense the hotter you select the water the slower the flow.

How many shower have you fitted??

Would love to see your customers face when you fit these pumped showers to solve non existant plumbing issues and they find the shower is no different!!!!

You could put a 4bar 20 litre/min pump and a 28mm feed to the electric shower and it would give the same performance!!!! 10kws will only heat a set amount of water

BASIC BASIC stuff. You cant be a plumber or even a very good DIYer this is first year apprentice stuff.

A battle of wits is no fun when your opponent arrives unarmed

Sponsored Links
!!

You could put a 4bar 20 litre/min pump and a 28mm feed to the electric shower and it would give the same performance!!!! 10kws will only heat a set amount of water

Your right a electric shower is governed by the flow/stabilizer valve.

!!

Your right a electric shower is governed by the flow/stabilizer valve.

I know im right, you know im right but a certain cowboy cant see it! :LOL:

Why do a lot of shower have a 'low flow' warning light? Its so you know why it has shut down to prevent overheating.

Sponsored Links
An electric shower needs a minimum cold water mains pressure to perform,if this minimum isn`t getting to the shower it can be pumped,it`s a simple solution, and was my advice, the original question was about poor pressure not heat, ganging up like children won`t alter the fact kiddies. ;)

The OPs shower has got the minium pressure/flow required!!!

Thats the whole point I am making

His electric shower just LOOKS poor next to his combi fed shower. No amount of pumps will change that or make the electric shower perform like the combi shower

I make that 2-0 to me today JohnW :LOL:

Have you checked his pressure at his shower?? Do you know he has the minimum pressure required? you don`t mate. You still think a shower with integral pump needs a hot/cold feed? Give it up. You are rambling on about kilowatts and pipe sizing,it`s not what I have said fellah,first port of call to a shower that is under performing,flow rate wise is, check filters,shower head, then cold main supply is adequate for the shower installed.This is basic stuff mate.Get a grip,you are talking nonsense.

Why do a lot of shower have a 'low flow' warning light? Its so you know why it has shut down to prevent overheating.

That will only prevent overheat if the problem is low flow or the fault is before the flow/stabilizer valve.
Not if the overheat fault happens after/due to another fault.

The OPs shower has got the minium pressure/flow required!!!

But the op hasn't said the shower isn't hot or faulty just said it don't have great pressure.

Is he expecting a 6 l/min from a electric shower to be the same as his 10 l/min from his shower off the taps ?

Seco, how do we know if an 8.5 kilowatt Triton or any non digital display shower is overheating?? Seeing as though you brought it up.

John wayne sorry mate I had gone out because it is a saturday sorry you had another lonely night in shouting at you laptop.

To continue our high class argument....

YOU ARE STILL WRONG and not/never was/never will be and plumber/gas fitter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back