electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there a way of finding out the wattage of a shower?

this may sound stupid but i want to change a shower like for like but the one that is fitted shows no stickers to say its KW.

i was hoping to buy the same model and just swap it.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you have looked carefully everywhere. Even inside the shower unit itself ? (This would require safe isolation to be able to check)

What is the make and model - have you done an on-line search ?

What's the size of the cable, the length of it, does it run through insulation, is it bunched with other cables, what's the type and rating of the fuse/MCB?

The can inside should have some markings on it, even if there's no sticker on the outside of the unit. It may not state the power in kW, but a quick search on the part number will answer your question.

Sponsored Links
thanks i found a sticker! maybe with my bad eyesight i should get some else to do it! how much would t cost for someone to fit it?

Shouldn't cost too much to swap, assuming the wiring and supply etc is OK (this is a big assumption, quite often showers don't have RCDs etc, and so one would need to be added). The important thing is make sure the replacement you choose has the water inlet in the same place as the existing one (i.e. either from behind, below, above etc, in roughly the same place) - otherwise it gets tricky (especially if like most it's on a tiled wall!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back