Electric Showers 10.8?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are replacing our electric shower as its knackerd and has low pressure (we have been told that this is probably an issue with the shower itsself not the water)

We went through various options but the easiest and fastest fix is upgrading to a 10.8

Now I dont know much about what that means and going into B&Q and asking them they stare at me and say yeah its good! LOL

My question is.... does 10.8 mean it will have more pressure then lets say an 8.5? and also can someone reccomend a good make (im not from the UK so i dont know much about them)

Also. i heard something about the wire maybe needing replacing what is the general voltage for a shower of that calibur?

Thanking you in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes, the flow rate out of a 10.8kw shower will be higher than it is out of an 8.5kw. However, it will also use more electricity, and if the load is too high for the electrical supply you have at the moment then you risk blowing the fuse, or the cable overheating, so this will need to be checked and possibly replaced before you install a more powerful shower. An 8.5kw shower draws about 35 amps on a 240v supply, a 10.8kw will draw 45 amps.

As for manufacturers, look at Mira, Triton and Aqualisa

Your cable supply will have to be 10mm for that rated shower.
Also the work is notifiable and you should use a Part p certified electrician too.

Pete

Thanks.. I found out the shower thats there is using a 10mm cable already but the fuse ( i think thats the right term) is 40... which from what i read i need a 45v

I shall look for an electrician however to do the work im not in the business of frying myself :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back