Electric to Garden Shed

Would it be ok 2 link several 13A garden extension leads together, 3 x 30m ones.
Don't be ridiculous.

((The usual list of war-and-peace / copy-and-paste unhelpful nonsense from B-A-S))

Any chance that, instead of simply insulting the OP, you could help guide them by specifying what the issues may be with his approach? Or is your intention simply to once again send a new poster packing and repel him from this forum?

Go on Skot , show us how its done - without 'War and Peace' :(

Kind regards,

DS

Ironically, I'd refer you to what B-A-S wrote in his follow-up posts - when he wants to, he can be helpful. When he's not in the mood, he can be extremely counter-productive.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure that few, if any, of the people to whom they are directed will look at (let alone 'study') one, let alone all, of the links in the 'War and Peace' list
Then that is their failure and their loss. I don't believe there's anything superfluous in that list - it's all relevant material which people who wish to design and install circuits should study.

But feel free to show which things they don't need to know about.

Ironically, I'd refer you to what B-A-S wrote in his follow-up posts - when he wants to, he can be helpful. When he's not in the mood, he can be extremely counter-productive.
I don't believe there's anything superfluous in that list - it's all relevant material which people who wish to design and install circuits should study.

But feel free to show which things they don't need to know about.

I'm pretty sure that few, if any, of the people to whom they are directed will look at (let alone 'study') one, let alone all, of the links in the 'War and Peace' list
Then that is their failure and their loss. ....
...and, nearly always (IMO) your wasted effort and, indeed, something of your doing which I strongly suspect is, ironically, often actually counter-productive in terms of achieving the (usually laudable) things that you are trying to achieve. As is so often said, it's not your motives or good intentions which are usually in doubt, but your methods.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
skotl";p="3241962 said:
Would it be ok 2 link several 13A garden extension leads together, 3 x 30m ones.
Don't be ridiculous.

((The usual list of war-and-peace / copy-and-paste unhelpful nonsense from B-A-S))

Any chance that, instead of simply insulting the OP, you could help guide them by specifying what the issues may be with his approach? Or is your intention simply to once again send a new poster packing and repel him from this forum?

Go on Skot , show us how its done - without 'War and Peace' :

Kind regards,

DS
What you call 'war and peace' most people here call the 17th edition!

:rolleyes: Regards, DS

What you call 'war and peace' most people here call the 17th edition!
I think that the 'War and Peace' which was being referred to is a 'reading list' of a dozen or so books and other items, one or two or which appear to relate to the '16th edition' but, as far as I can make out, none are directly related to the '17th edition'.

Kind Regards, John

The reference, i assume is to the volume of information and time taken to read "war and peace" :?:

Kind regards, DS

...and, nearly always (IMO) your wasted effort and, indeed, something of your doing
Absolutely not my doing.

If people cannot read a list of suggested material without reacting as if the list contains words which it does not then that is their failing, not mine.

Exactly. In cases like this, that is often the only sensible/practical advice - and, if put like that, might conceivably be heeded
I see no reason to adopt the default position that people cannot or will not learn.

The reference, i assume is to the volume of information and time taken to read "war and peace" :?:
Yes, of course, and the suggestion is presumably that reading/studying the aforementioned list of a dozen or so books/items would be a comparable task to reading that book (I'm one of those who got to about page 100, more than once, but not a lot further :) ) - and, of course, studying/ understanding/ assimilating technical material is likely to be a slower task than reading a novel.

Kind Regards, John

Exactly. In cases like this, that is often the only sensible/practical advice - and, if put like that, might conceivably be heeded
I see no reason to adopt the default position that people cannot or will not learn.
No reason at all, if that principle matters more to you than getting your point across effectively and, perhaps in some cases, heeded.

You are a clever, knowledgeable, highly principled and well-intentioned man who has a lot of valuable advice to offer, both about what people can/should do and what they shouldn't do. Many of us are therefore rather saddened by the fact that you so often adopt methods, 'styles' and 'positions' which, even if you don't accept it (or care about it, since you blame the 'recipient'), are often almost certainly counter-productive in terms of what you are trying/hoping/wanting to achieve.

Kind Regards, John

Yes, of course, and the suggestion is presumably that reading/studying the aforementioned list of a dozen or so books/items would be a comparable task to reading that book (I'm one of those who got to about page 100, more than once, but not a lot further :) ) - and, of course, studying/ understanding/ assimilating technical material is likely to be a slower task than reading a novel.
Unless you want to defend the position of people undertaking electrical design and construction without actually knowing what they are doing, I think you'll find that there is no alternative to putting the effort in to learn.

No reason at all, if that principle matters more to you than getting your point across effectively and, perhaps in some cases, heeded.
It is nothing to do with that, and everything to do with who is right.

I am right.

You are a clever, knowledgeable, highly principled and well-intentioned man who has a lot of valuable advice to offer, both about what people can/should do and what they shouldn't do. Many of us are therefore rather saddened by the fact that you so often adopt methods, 'styles' and 'positions' which, even if you don't accept it (or care about it, since you blame the 'recipient'), are often almost certainly counter-productive in terms of what you are trying/hoping/wanting to achieve.
I await with interest a rational explanation, based entirely on logic, and not relying in the slightest on imagining words which I have not written, why it is indeed not the fault of the "recipient" if they fail to simply read what I have written.

I await with interest a rational explanation, based entirely on logic, and not relying in the slightest on imagining words which I have not written, why it is indeed not the fault of the "recipient" if they fail to simply read what I have written.
As above, it's all about whether or not you want your message to be effective, at least in some cases - regardless of what you feel about about the "recipient". Sadly, the answer to that seems fairly clear.

Kind Regards, John

It is crystal clear.

It is not I who needs to change for it is not I who is behaving incorrectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back