Electric toilet...

Sponsored Links
これは確かに、正しくありません?

Liberal use of google translate going on in this thread!

They are really good products once you get over the initial weirdness factor, especially if you have something like IBS.

If it has a button labelled

生理用ナプキンリムーバー

Do NOT press it.

Ahh, old joke about the guy on a plane and there's a queue for the gents. As there is a ladies free, the stewardess suggests that one of the gents uses the ladies - but "whatever you do, don't press any of the buttons." she warns.
He goes in and finishes his business - but can't help but press buttons.

The first one is labelled WW and produces a warm jet of water for cleaning.
Next one down is labelled WA and produces a jet of warm air for drying.
Then PP produces a powder puff. By now he's thinking that the ladies have a very nice setup here.

But when he presses ATR he experiences a pain he's never even imagined and then passes out. He wakes up in hospital, and seeing him come round a nurse walks over to him. "You pressed the button for Automatic Tampon Remover, your genitals are in that jar on the side table !"
:eek:

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to check - Doing this is not notifiable if I just drop the moulded power cable through the floor and under the partition wall then plug it in to an existing socket on the other side of the wall?

If I want to run under the floor to the fixed shower connector, extending the power cable from the unit to do so, this becomes notifiable?

I also have the option of going straight up the wall into the roof space and plugging in to a socket up there. Presumably this isn't notifiable?

Ideal solution would be for some kind of waterproof junction box to be wired in either in the vanity unity behind the toilet (probably not allowed as this holds the cistern) or in an accessible area under the floor near the toilet. I assume this work would be notifiable? Would it be legal for a qualified spark to install a junction box in this sort of location?

Any idea how much a spark would charge to do something like this if I go for a notifiable option? Fairly small bathroom (2m from toilet to shower socket) and the floorboards will be up so I can treat for woodworm.

I really would prefer not to have to get a spark in, its hard enough to explain the concept of an electric bidet on an internet forum, I can only imagine the reaction of the spark who just rewired my house if I called him back to do that...

There is another consideration - that of having acceptable means of isolation. I'm not sure whether having a plug in another room would count.

Will this toilet be within the zones of a bath or shower?

Really your bidet toilet needs to be fitted correctly,ask the makers of the unit for advice or a local experienced installer.
I do remember these did need a softened water supply or something like that,something to do with scale build up.or a soft bum.

I am now flushed for any more ideas.

James.

I've got one of these from an impulse buy on a trip to Japan, being Japanese it needs 100-110V so I run it from an oversized power tool transformer. I prefer this to sitting on something with 240V on it and the transformer is well protected being designed for safe use on a building site. The transformer and supply is in an adjacent room to avoid bringing 240V into the bathroom.

Power consumption needs to be watched, although it's low power the warm seat defaults to 'on' all the time so it can add up when it's on 24/7.

If it's outside the zones then provided you don't create a new circuit it's not not notifable from an electrical point of view (I have no idea if it's notifable from any other points of view).

From memory, and you can check it in the annexes to the building regs, it is not notifiable to replace a sanitary appliance provided it is no less efficient than what it replaces. I assume the idea is that "normal" replacements (bathroom refurb etc) aren't a problem, but if someone wants to fit the latest mega flush water guzzling bog from abroad then that has implications for water usage and the corresponding waste treatment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back