Electric Underfloor Heating With Thicker Tiles...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to poor workmanship (long story), the company who did our conservatory has agreed to lift the tiles renew the electric ufh which will likely be ruined, and replace it all.

Now I wouldn't usually countenance electric ufh, but it was 'free' in the deal, so we want it replaced and working!

To the problem- my wife wants thicker tiles, not because they are thicker, but prettier and posher! So, if I go from 8mm to 20mm, there will be a performance difference, but what will the difference be. Energy is energy etc etc.

So, will it simply warm up slower (so on earlier)be a better thermal store,and cool slower (off earlier), no net loss; or
will more energy be lost to the slab, with the room performance always lower; or
will the difference be negligible?

thanks

CG

Sponsored Links
The only difference is that the floor will take longer to get slightly warm.
It will still cost a fortune to run and won't heat the conservatory to any useful temperature.

If you have a PVC door to the main house, make sure there is enough room between the bottom of the door and the new floor height, if it opens in that direction.

Sponsored Links
yes, that's not an issue either (though it will be very close to level with the inside threshold). Neither door opens over the floor. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back