electrical compliance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in 2006 i did alot of rewiring in my kitchen, there is nothing wrong with it and all is safely done.
but!
i am now selling my house and the conveyancor wants to know if any electrical work was done post jan 2005, bearing in mind the wiring is behind tiling etc can a certificate be issued or is it a case of saying i did the wiring in 2004 when the new colour wire appeared.

Sponsored Links
So we must assume you have wired it in the NEW colours.
I would tell a porkie.

there is nothing wrong with it and all is safely done

So you have an EIC with all the schedule of tests completed.

You have complied with BS7671 throughout and you have notified Local Authority Building control in w.r.t. Part P of the building Regulations.

So you have nothing to worry about - unless...........................

Sponsored Links
DESL said:
there is nothing wrong with it and all is safely done

So you have an EIC with all the schedule of tests completed.

You have complied with BS7671 throughout and you have notified Local Authority Building control in w.r.t. Part P of the building Regulations.

So you have nothing to worry about - unless...........................

i am asking a sensible question, i dont need a smart alec coming on telling me about what letters the namby pamby goverment say we should have attached to your trade.
i am more than capable ofdoing the work i did, and lets face it its been in a year now with no probs.
what i need to know is if i can get a certificate.
if you dont know dont reply

No part Pee in Scotland, although as has been pointed out, although you think you have done it correctly and safely the adopted scheme which electricians abide by (IEE regs) calls for all work to be tested and certified to say it has been done correctly. As the work has already been done and if you own up to it, you may need to have a periodic inspection report done to prove it is up to scratch with respect iee regs.

thanks spark,
what is involved in doing the periodic inspection report and would it provide the required certificate to keep a conveyancer happy .
i am in england

A periodic report will show your dwelling`s whole installation is up to standards set out by BS7671....if it isnt then the inspector/tester `should` pick up on what is needed to bring your installation up to compliance.

festa said:
A periodic report will show your dwelling`s whole installation is up to standards set out by BS7671....if it isnt then the inspector/tester `should` pick up on what is needed to bring your installation up to compliance.

thanks festa sounds like that is the way to go, i will get one arranged tomorrow

Diyisfun said:
So we must assume you have wired it in the NEW colours.
I would tell a porkie.

Unless the year stamp on the sheath gives it away...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back