Electrical Installation Installation and Testing

Sponsored Links
You don't actually need to do any testing for the BC. If the work is done under building regs they do the testing.
For my LA (SLDC) there are different costs depending whether you do testing or not. For minor electrical works it's about £150 if you can provide test results, or about £225 if you can't. So it seems that whilst (I believe) they can't charge for testing, they simply have different charges depending on whether they need to or not.

Then enter the Ze+R1+R2 figure.

Is the sum of two measurements a calculation or a measurement?

I consider a calculation to be the result of cable length and resistance per metre.
i.e. that done at design stage.

Sponsored Links
Then enter the Ze+R1+R2 figure.

Is the sum of two measurements a calculation or a measurement?

I consider a calculation to be the result of cable length and resistance per metre.
i.e. that done at design stage.

Yes I am planning to enter the SUM of the measured Ze plus the measured R1+R2 - This would be a calculation, being the sum of two measurements (as opposed to going to a socket and doing a Zs test, which would be a measurement

I was simply answering the OP who was asking why they'd raise an eyebrow - perhaps they wouldn't raise an eyebrow if I entered a Zs which was higher than the measured Ze plus the measured R1+R2.

Someone who has learnt the importance of testing, and is using the correct route to notify/certify, I take my hat off to you sir :!: :cool:

Someone who has learnt the importance of testing, and is using the correct route to notify/certify, I take my hat off to you sir :!: :cool:

Thanks Londonboy, I have enjoyed it immensly, and even to my surprise found myself putting in calls to niceic, napit, elecsa a couple lof weeks ago to find out how much it would be to join and what would be involved, as I'm between jobs at the moment. I think I could get the C&G Level 2, and they all said they could use the recent work as evidence for up to a year, but I don't think I'm the right sort of person to be able to make a business out of it ... and I'm sure it's a pretty tough journey getting to be competent enough to do it for other people.

I normally bypass the RCD for Zs testing now as my no trip Zs readings were not reliable.

Interesting. I have been considering a new multifunction and one of the reasons I kept telling myself it was worth doing was for the ability to do a no trip Zs measurement. Are no trip Zs readings that unstable?
( I usually do Ze +R1+R2 )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back