Electrical report shows no final ring continuity...

Wouldn't there BE continuity at the sockets when/if that is done?
I presume that TTC was thinking of end-to-end continuity of each circuit as seen at the CU (i.e. continuity between the two cables disconnected from one MCB). However, as I've said, I'm not really sure what is being described.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
"No final continuity on sockets tested on circuit. Possible spurs on spurs".As you say, if it simply means that there was no end-to-end continuity seen for either of the circuits at the CU, then that could well be due to the two rings being incorrectly connected at the CU (one leg of each 'swapped')
No it wouldn't.

That would result in all four line wires being connected together.

The neutrals and earths always are.

"No final continuity on sockets tested on circuit. Possible spurs on spurs".As you say, if it simply means that there was no end-to-end continuity seen for either of the circuits at the CU, then that could well be due to the two rings being incorrectly connected at the CU (one leg of each 'swapped')
No it wouldn't. That would result in all four line wires being connected together.
Not after one had disconnected both cables from the MCB (and disconnected N & E for both those cables) for end-to-end continuity tests, it wouldn't!
The neutrals and earths always are.
Not after one had disconnected both cables from the MCB (and disconnected N & E for both those cables) for end-to-end continuity tests.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
OP states that the testing was done at sockets.
Apart from the rather confusing statement in the initial post (see below), I haven't noticed that being stated. In any event, my comments to TTC to which you are responding were prefaced by ...
As I wrote, I for one am not totally sure whether that is correct or not. It all depends upon what you can make of "No final continuity on sockets tested on circuit. Possible spurs on spurs". As you say, if it simply means that there was no end-to-end continuity seen for either of the circuits at the CU, then ....

Kind Regards, John

My guess is that the "spurs on spurs" remark may well have been to reinforce the possibility that he has ended up with a 32A protected radial wired in 2.5mm² cable. Like much else in this thread, there are too many what-ifs and guesses. Needs a view of the report to determine what has actually been found/tested/stated. This followed with a site visit by someone who knows what to look for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back