Electrical Software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was looking to buy a software package for recoding and printing electrical installations and Periodic Inspection reports.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
We use the amtech stuff at work, which seems pretty good, and is compatible with PDAs, so a PIR can be typed onto the PDA on site, and transfered straight onto the computer for printing the for (although our lot prefer handwriting forms on site, then transfering to computer in the office)

No idea about cost though.

Sponsored Links
I use the Amtech complete office suite with all the bells and whistles. However you can certainly get the fastest as a standalone package. I find it excellent to use. Once youve got used to some of the somewhat rigid features and got the damn printer to calibrate properly it is an awesome bit of kit. What it also does is print out a site pack on ordinary paper which is basically the certificate plus loads of useful information. This copy is then taken to site and filled out. This draft copy is then brought back to the office to complete the certificate proper. I dont know how much the fastest is on its own, but probably not cheap. Also beware Amtech are pretty good at making extra money by making new versions and having to take up their yearly premiercare support subscription. The only feature I couldnt get on with is using a PDA for doing a PIR. "typing" lines and lines of observations with a toothpick aint funny :D

Back