electrics on AEG oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently purchased an AEG B4101-4 single oven. According to AEG website its a 3kw oven so I thought could be plugged into wall socket. The booklet that come with the oven states it needs a 15A min fuse and is designed to be connected to 230 - 240V. Does this mean I cant plug into socket off ring circuit? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it does mean that. you may need to run a radial for it if there isn't an existing cooker outlet in your kitchen. A 2.5 twin and earth should be ok depending on length but i'd tend to put in a 4mm radial just in case you upgrade it at a future date.

I agree that would be a better way to do it...

but a 3kW load CAN be supplied from a socket. Same as a kettle, toaster or fan heater.

the UK (with our wonderful Ring Final and 13A Fused Plug) is one of the few countries where this is a reasonable proposition, most other countries do not have enough power on the circuit.

The AEG instructions are probably written general purpose to suit all the countries they sell the oven in.

Single electric ovens sold here usually take 10 to 12amps, which is less than the max a 13a plug can supply.

Double ovens can't be plugged in, as they usually take about 20A, and electric hobs or cookers definitely can't

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back