electronic copy of BS 7671 Electrical Instalations

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link - £132! they really make it easy dont they? at least gas safe offer all as gas blokes the 80 BS we need for just over a pound a week.

Perhaps I need a bandit copy! there must be one out there somewhere? whats the £450 to NIC per year for? I was (foolishly) expecting access to it on their website!!

Sponsored Links
Nothing like thumbing through the real thing for £54!
But you do get
IET Wiring Regulations (BS 7671)
Guidance Note 1: Selection & Erection
Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing
On-Site Guide
Electrician's Guide to the Building Regulations

So £132 is something near the actual cost for all the publications plus you receive free updates.
Still prefer to thumb the books!

Dare we ask why?

It presumably is written on a computer and would save a tree.
We are not allowed to touch an appliance without the MI's so most of us repair blokes have probably 10000 mI's on the laptop / tablet. Also copies of the 80 odd BS that wee need for rules pluse water regs unvented and an endless wave of building regs. Doing it from a screen is the only way. My only 'books' in my tech library in the van are the lekky ones? I am just trying to get them all on a tablet. Olp pdfs r searchable which is very handy. There will be a torrent somewhere im sure- i just thought u may of sorted it by now. Maybee with only a few books to carry its Not an issue to u guys, and yes a book is better to thumb thru but Not an option for gas stuff unless u have an articulated truck!

The only thing you're ever really going to need to look up while your on site is things like current carrying capacity of cables, VD, max permitted loop values etc, all of which can be found in the OSG.

There's no need to take the full regs out and about with you day to day.

I guess this is why there isn't much call for an e-copy of the regs from your average sparks, so demand is low and the price hasn't come down.

I guess this is why there isn't much call for an e-copy of the regs from your average sparks, so demand is low and the price hasn't come down.
There may be if it only cost a fiver.
(on-line OSG £1.00)

No - forestry, tree felling, (or - collection, sorting, transport, recycling), transport, paper manufacturing, transport, printing, transport, storage, transport, sorting, packing and posting to buyer.

£210 doesn't actually get you much either - to read it you must install some software which apparently is tied to a particular hardware device, and no doubt refuses to work if you had the audacity to want to put it on a tablet or mobile phone.
That assuming the software is actually available for such devices - only Windows and Mac were mentioned on the download page, and the link to 'system requirements' goes nowhere.

No - forestry, tree felling, (or - collection, sorting, transport, recycling), transport, paper manufacturing, transport, printing, transport, storage, transport, sorting, packing and posting to buyer.
Don't forget the printing inks - they probably involve hydrocarbons somewhere.

Cant believe im sticking up for gas safe. Ut we pay 150 pa +70 for access to all the BS we need yet nic want 450 for the same for part p. why is it so expensive ? We get as many visits from testers and definately far more corses to reatend every 5 years? Do u hve to resit your part p every 5 years. We have to resit every qual every 5 years that if you have lots costs 1000's a d takes weeks to do? Jobs for the boys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back