emergency cover do i need gas cover as well!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have home emergency cover with norwich union, it covers
1 damaged tiles or leeking roof
2 broken windows and doors
3 blockage to drains or toilets
4 boiler system
5 loss of hot water
6 electricity in the home
7 loss of keys etc

I'm not covered for an annual service to my boiler covering thermostats and controls etc. Is it worth taking gas cover 100 with British gas to cover boiler and servicing to cover thermostats , they service your boiler once a year. Can anyone tell me if its worth taking this out at the limited one as i'm covered for radiaters and hot water etc with emergency home cover with norwich union. Thanks

Sponsored Links
dame13 said:
Hi i have home emergency cover with norwich union, it covers
1 damaged tiles or leeking roof
2 broken windows and doors
3 blockage to drains or toilets
4 boiler system
5 loss of hot water
6 electricity in the home
7 loss of keys etc

On one hand I can see that insuring the loss of keys 7 times a good idea as there are many lock/keys around the house. But insuring just 1 damaged tile.... do you specify which one??? I can also see that you have 3 toilets, but 4 boiler systems is excessive :D

Sponsored Links
dame13 said:
Thanks for your wonderfull help!!!!

:mad: :mad:

Don't really understand the question, no. 4 says you have the boiler system covered....why would you want to cover it again?

ollski, it doesn't cover servicing it yearly and if it starts playing up things like the thermostats if we lose total heating i think it covers it then, but not breaking down and getting it working again. I remember asking them and i'm sure its covered but i remember them saying servicing the boiler is not part of it.. How much to get someone out to service your boiler and things once a year then and do it that way is it expensive. How much would you be looking at, rather than paying 12.00 a month what do people think..

Bg won't do a service if its on a contract but an annual safety and performance check, which basically means it will only get the safety components checked and will only get the level of servicing it requires that year...on some boilers a full strip down and clean and on some nothing. I think this is now standard on most company contracts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back